Friday, November 13, 2015

2007 Topps, Willie Bloomquist


#585 Willie Bllomquist

Here is the second card that Willie signed for me at Royals Fanfest in 2009. Willie was a new addition to the team at the time and was one of the first autographs I got that day. I posted the other card that he signed for me that day back in 2010 and it can be seen here.

Willie has played in the Majors for fourteen seasons and is the ultimate utility man. He has started a game at every single position except for pitcher and catcher. I guess his main position would be shortstop as that is where he has played the most. But, he is comfortable at the second and third and all of the outfield positions. First base is where he has seen the least amount of playing time.

Willie played his first seven seasons with the Mariners before having some short stops in Kansas City, Cincinnati, and Arizona. He then rejoined Seattle in 2014 and played there until getting released this past summer. He was hitting just .159 at the time of his release. With him turning thirty-eight later this month, I think it is a safe bet that Willie's career is over. I could be wrong, though.

Back-to-back Mariners on here. That does not happen very often.

No comments: