Thursday, October 3, 2013

1981 Donruss, Gary Thomasson


#531 Gary Thomasson

Here is the Gary Thomasson card that I got signed through the mail in February. It took one month for this one to make it back home.

Gary played in the big leagues for nine seasons and saw time with the Giants, A's, Yankees, and Dodgers. He played all three outfield positions, as well as first base, during his career. He was a .249 hitter with 61 home runs and 294 RBI.

His best season came with the Giants in 1977. He hit .259 that year with career highs in runs (63), doubles (24), homers (17), RBI (71), and stolen bases (16).

When I first saw this card, I assumed that Gary was a catcher based on his flapless batting helmet. Whenever I see one of those, I always think of catchers.

'81 Donruss Tracker: 162/100

No comments: