Tuesday, October 29, 2013

1981 Donruss, Bill Castro


#578 Bill Castro

Here is one of two Bill Castro '81 Donruss cards that I was able to get signed through the mail last year. Bill was the Orioles bullpen coach that year and I originally sent this card to him with about a month left in the season. November rolled around and I had not gotten that card back. But, I had noticed some successes coming from his home address, so I mailed off another card to his home. That is the card that is posted here and it made it back to me after nine days. Then, a month and a half later, I got the first card back that I had sent to Baltimore. So, if anyone is needing a signed copy of this card, let me know. I have got an extra.

Like I said, Bill was the bullpen coach for the O's last year and he started out this past season in the same role. Then the O's pitching coach, Rick Adair, took a leave of absence from the team in August and Bill stepped up to fill that role. It appears that Adair is not going to be with the club next season and Bill is going to interview for the job. So far, Andy Hawkins is the only other name mentioned to be in contention for the job. He was the bullpen coach for the Rangers this past season.

'81 Donruss Tracker: 171/100

No comments: