Wednesday, June 8, 2011

2005 Upper Deck Update, Luis Hernandez



#137 Luis Hernandez

Here is the second of three cards that Luis signed for me during batting practice at a Royals game in 2009. But, more importantly, this is the final 2005 card that I have to post. Starting Friday, I will be posting a couple of cards from the '50s. Then, there will almost two weeks worth of '60s cards followed bu just as many cards from the '70s. It will be a nice change of pace and I am looking forward to it.

I posted the last Luis Hernandez card at the beginning of April and Luis had yet to play in a game for the Buffalo Bisons. He has now played in 47 games with them and he is hitting just .213 through 47 games. But, he did go 3-4 yesterday.

For some reason, I never got any cards from 2005 Upper Deck. I am not even sure what the set looks like. Do they look just like this card or is this Update set completely seperate from the base set?

1 comment:

Paul Hadsall said...

I don't remember 2005 Upper Deck, but I'm sure I've never seen that design before.