Tuesday, December 22, 2009

1998 Collector's Choice, Jamey Wright



#364 Jamey Wright

This is the second card that Jamey signed for me by the Royals parking lot back in April. That was the day I drove three hours to the ballpark, froze my butt off for three hours getting autographs, and then drove three hours home. I wasn't prepared for the unpleasant weather during the day and I did not want to put up with it that night. That was my only Royals parking lot autograph experience this past season.

I would say a little more about Jamey here, but I have one more card of him to post and I'll save it for that. It's late and these extra-long hours I've been working are starting to take their tole on me.

But, on a bright note, I got my first Christmas present of the year and I am ecstatic to say that I have a new oldest signed card. It is so old that it almost beat my former oldest signed card by a decade. I thought about posting it tonight, but I'll go ahead and finish off the '98s before I post it.

Speaking of "new oldest signed card", that phrase just sounds so awkward that I may have to copyright it.

I'm not sure if I mentioned it before, but I like Collector's Choice. I'm just kidding; I say it on about every other card I post about it. I haven't completely lost my mind yet.

No comments: