Monday, April 9, 2018

1996 Donruss, Keith Lockhart


#386 Keith Lockhart

Here is a card that I got signed through the mail earlier this year. For whatever reason, I have hit the TTM front hard since last season ended. My three main focuses have been the '81 Donruss set, the Pacific Senior League set, and former Royals. Guess which category this one falls into.

After making his Major League debut with the Padres at the age of 30 in 1994, Keith ended up in Kansas City the following year. His tenure there would only last two seasons, but they were two fairly productive seasons. In '95, though he played in just 94 games, Keith hit a career-best .321. That was the only time he would ever hit over .300 in a season. Then, in '96, Keith played a career-high 138 games. Because of that, he set a few single season bests like doubles (33) and RBI (55). Then, right before the '97 season began, he was shipped to Atlanta with Michael Tucker for Jaime Walker and Jermaine Dye.

Keith played with the Braves for six seasons. While he was never an everyday player in Atlanta, he was a key contributor that helped the Braves make the playoffs every season he was there. With the Braves, Keith hit .248 with 26 home runs and 166 RBI. In the postseason, he played in 37 games and hit .287 with one dinger and 8 RBI.

I never bought a single pack of Donruss in 1996. I am pretty sure that the only Donruss cards I have from that season were Royals that were sent to me by other bloggers. I have one other card signed from that set and it is a Jeff Montgomery card that I got signed at Fanfest in 2009.

No comments: