Friday, November 20, 2009

1996 Donruss, Jeff Montgomery



#271 Jeff Montgomery

This is the third and final Monty card that I got signed at Royals Fanfest last year. You can see the first one here and the second one here.

I got this card about a year ago from Stats on the Back. He sent me quite a few Royals cards and there may have been five or six from this particular set. Before that package, I had never seen this set before. I still don't really know what to think about it. It is unique. That I do know.

There is a big foil box on the card that holds a ton of information. It has the brand name, the name of the team, the team's city, the players position and number, and the team's logo. Luckily, the foil fit right between Jeff's legs. I am sure that some others weren't as lucky.

Jeff is wearing the Royals short-lived road cap on this card. I thought that the hat was the ugliest hat in baseball at the time. It is kind if funny that I thought that since my high school baseball team had the same style of hat and I loved it. I was pissed when we went from the grey hat with forest green bill to all green.

Somehow, this signature got smudged. It obviously isn't a big deal since I didn't notice it until I saw the scan.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I never noticed those grey Royals hats until I looked at the Chris Haney autograph I posted at Auto-Matic for the People last weekend.

They are ugly.