Thursday, January 27, 2011

1990 Leaf, Jeff Montgomery



#520 Jeff Montgomery

Here is the first of three cards that I got signed by Jeff Montgomery at Fanfest last weekend. I have no idea how many Montgomery autographs I have now, but maybe I will tally them up after I post the third card and then give one of them away.

I took this card with me to get signed by Jeff because I had thought that I did not have any 1990 Leaf cards signed yet. Well, it turns out that my dad got a Danny Jackson card from the set signed for me last summer and I had forgot about it. So, I now officially have two 1990 Leaf cards that are autographed.

I had a unique interaction with Jeff when I first went through the line where he was signing. I got to him and asked how he was doing and he looked up and paused for a second. He then said "you know, you kind of have a Sean O'Sullivan look going on". I didn't know what to say for a second and I gave him an "oh yeah?". He then replied "yeah, you should sit down somewhere and start charging people ten dollars a pop for your autograph". I don't know how well that would have worked out since everyone else was signing for free, but I still thought that it was funny. I was going to ask Billy Butler what his thoughts were on the matter when I went through his line during the final autograph station, but Billy was in the first and final two autograph sessions and I could tell that he was ready to get out of there. So, I didn't bother. Besides, I have a little more hair on my head than Sean O'Sullivan.

If you are not familiar with Sean, he is a Royals pitcher that was acquired in the Alberto Callaspo trade.


(Photo by Jamie Squire/Getty Images)

No comments: