Monday, May 16, 2011

2005 Topps Chrome, Brandon Sing



#UH184 Brandon Sing

Here is the second of three cards that Brandon Sing signed for me at a Wichita Wingnuts game last year. If you are thinking "great, that means that there is going to be one more card of this dude", don't worry about that. The third card was given away and it has already been posted over at Automatic for the People. The first card, which I posted about a month and a half ago, can be seen here.

I bought this black refractor off of checkoutmycards.com just to get it signed. I don't remember what I payed for it, but it was probably around the two dollar range. Overall, I am very happy with the way this one turned out. The black signature and the black border really work well together. The card is numbered to 250, so this is probably one of the "rarer" cards that I have got signed. I've gotten a few relics signed before, but I am pretty sure that they were not numbered.

Brandon is back with the Pheasants this season. Through four games, he is hitting .231 with a double, two home runs, and three RBI. Those three extra-base hits are the only hits that he has.

6 comments:

Orioles Magic said...

You're right, the black signature with the black border really make this pop. Great card man.

zman40 said...

Thanks, Ryan!

unclemoe said...

Cool.

moe.

Play at the Plate said...

I second or third that motion..it really looks great with the black border. Did you use the baby powder on the signing area?

zman40 said...

Yes I did, Brian. I baby powder all glossy cards that I try to get signed, especially the chrome one.

Play at the Plate said...

Well, it sure works. That auto looks great and no smear.