Thursday, May 19, 2011

2005 Topps Total, Todd Greene



#113 Todd Greene

This is the second Todd Greene card that I have posted on my blog. The first one was posted about a year and a half ago and that signature was acquired at an Orioles game in 2009 while Todd was coaching for the Rays. This autograph was obtained during the same season, but at a Royals game. In fact, I got this card signed a couple months before I got the card in Baltimore signed. I got this one signed while at the Kauffman Stadium entrance. Todd and Pat Burrell shared a cab to the ballpark and, while Pat did sign a couple of autographs, Todd was the easier autograph to get. There was a nice-sized crowd surrounding Burrell.

Todd played in the Majors for parts of eleven seasons. He spent time with the Angels, Blue Jays, Yankees, Rangers, Rockies, and Giants. He was primarily a backup catcher, though he did get in a few games in the outfield and at first base. For his career, he was a .252 hitter that hit 71 home runs. His best season came in 1999 when he played in a career high 97 games. He hit .243 that season with 14 home runs and 42 RBI. He got 321 at-bats that year and the most that he ever got after that in a season was 205.

According to Wikipedia, Todd is now a scout for the Mariners.

I think that this is the first time that I have had back-to-back posts with players that have the same last name since I posted the Alomar brothers a couple of years ago. As far as I can tell, Todd and Khalil are not related though.

No comments: