Tuesday, August 4, 2009

1994 Stadium Club, Ricky Gutierrez



#75 Ricky Gutierrez

This is one of the cards that Rod, from Padrographs, sent me last year. Prior to that package, I did not have any cards from this set signed. Now I have three- two from Rod and one from another blogger that I will get to on Thursday. But, I haven't gotten any of these cards signed in person. I don't have too many cards from this set, but I have one that I am going to try to get signed next month.

As for Rickey, he played twelve seasons with six different teams. He spent most of his career in Houston after being dealt there in the crazy eleven player trade that included Derek Bell, Ken Caminiti, and Steve Finley. According to Wikipedia, he was the only player to reach base in Kerry Wood's 20 strikeout game.

The purple signature looks great on this card.

1 comment:

unclemoe said...

Diggin the purple. Nice card!