Sunday, August 9, 2009

1994 Topps, Dave Stewart



#455 Dave Stewart

Yesterday, I had a card from the 1993 National League Champion Phillies team, Pete Incaviglia. Today, I counter that with a card from the 1993 World Champion Blue Jays team, Dave Stewart.

Just like yesterday's Incaviglia card, this is the third and final Dave Stewart card on here. Also like the Inky card, this Stewart card features him on a different team than the previous two. The original Dave Stewart post was posted in August of last year and it shows him as a Dodger. The second Stewart post was done in November and shows him as an Athletic. And, of course, he is a Blue Jay on this card.

I got my Stewart cards signed at the Willie Wilson Classic last year. He was at the event again this year, but I didn't see him sign anything. I wish he would have. I had two cards of him with me- an '85 Topps as a Ranger and an '86 Topps as a Phillie. I don't think that I have five cards signed by a player that show him on five different teams. The most that I think I have is four and that is with Jamie Quirk.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice, though I mainly remember Stewart as an Oakland player. He had some amazing years.

night owl said...

I always forget Stewart was a Blue Jay. I think of him as an A, a Dodger, even a Phillie. But never a Blue Jay.

zman40 said...

I always think of him as an A, too. But, I like to mix it up. Just check out my Ron Cey as an A auto for proof of that.

Tony said...

You should try to get Jamie Moyer on a few different cards. I'm sure he has pitched for at least 5 teams

unclemoe said...

I always thought it's funny that Dave looks so tough but he has the softest voice.

moe.

zman40 said...

Tony, that isn't a bad idea. If I ever get a chance to see him in person, I might try to.

Moe- I know what yo umean.

Goose Joak said...

Reallllllly sharp card and auto. I love the intensity of his face.

Goose Joak said...

I miss this style of uniform -- both the way Stewart wears it as well as the uniform look itself. The way he wears his pants reminds me of Nolan Ryan at that time.