Wednesday, May 10, 2017

1981 Donruss, Dave Edwards


#595 Dave Edwards

After five months of nothing but 1981 Donruss posts, it saddens me to say that this will be the last one for some time on here. While I look forward to posting some new stuff, I really like the '81D.

I got this card signed by Dave Edwards through the mail earlier this year. I saw a success from him on another blog, so I made sure to send my card shortly thereafter. I sent the card in February and I had it back five weeks later.

Dave played for the Twins and Padres during his five year career. Over that time, he hit .238 with 14 home runs and 73 RBI. His best season was with the Twins in 1979. That year, he hit .249 with career-highs in homers (8) and RBI (35).

Dave was traded by the Twins to San Diego in early December of 1980, just in time for Donruss to update the team on this card.

'81 Donruss Tracker: #223

No comments: