Tuesday, May 23, 2017

1983 Fleer, Willie Aikens


#104 Willie Aikens

Here is another Willie Mays Aikens from Royals Fanfest. Just like the last Aikens card I posted last week, this one was from the 2014 Fanfest.

I am not a huge fan of the '83 Fleer set. The tan border does not do too much for me. If it was not for the trio of rookies in that set, I think it would be a rather forgettable set. But, that it just my opinion. I'm sure there are plenty of people out there that think the same about '81 Donruss.

I only have four cards signed from this set and all four are of Royals. If I ever mix it up a bit, it will be by sending Wade Boggs his rookie card to sign.

If you look at that batting glove Willie is wearing in this picture, it looks like it has a Phillies logo on it. I'm not sure what is up with that.

No comments: