Thursday, January 9, 2014

1986 Fleer, Ron Roenicke


#U99 Ron Roenicke

Here is a card that I got signed on my Spring Training trip last year. I went and saw Ron's Brewers play the White Sox. Since I see the Sox play a lot in Kansas City, I focused on getting 'graphs from the Brewers that day. Not too many guys signed before the game and even fewer signed afterwards. In fact, Ron was the lone post game signer. But, he took his time and signed for everybody that wanted one and I came home with two cards signed by him.

I usually take three cards of a player/coach when I go 'graphing, but, for some reason, I only took two of Ron. The only explanation I can come up with for that is because I had to get cards for so many people on the trip, I didn't feel like searching for one extra card.

Ron played in the Majors for parts of eight seasons with the Dodgers, Mariners, Padres, Giants, Phillies, and Reds. He was a .238 hitter who hit 17 home runs, including a career-high of 5 in 1986.

Ron was drafted five times before he ended up signing.

No comments: