Thursday, December 5, 2013

1985 Fleer, Steve Kemp


#U64 Steve Kemp

A few years back, my best friend gave me a baseball card stocking for Christmas. The stocking contained some random unopened packs, various baseball related stuff, and a traded/update set from the mid '80s. The set was what intrigued me the most and I demanded to know where he had got it from. Turns out it was from a local hardware store, so I went over there the next day and bought three or four more stockings for myself. They each contained a different update set and I think I got one each from Score, Topps, Fleer, and Donruss (The Rookies), each from different years. Unfortunately, most of the sets had been searched and were missing some of the key rookies, especially the '86 Topps Traded set. This set was mostly intact, but it was missing Ozzie Guillen's XRC. But, since the set was not completely intact, I had no problem sending the cards out to get signed through the mail. So, that is how I got this card and the next two signed.

This is the third card that I have posted of Steve Kemp. The first one can be seen here and the second one here.

No comments: