Friday, December 13, 2013

1985 Fleer, Rich Thompson


#U120 Rich Thompson

Here is a card that I got signed through the mail last December. The reason why I sent this card to Rich is because I had the privilege of watching a Spring Training game with him in 2006.

That spring, I drove down to the Tampa Bay area to watch a couple of games on a weekend. One of the games I went to was a Devil Rays game at the old Al Lang Field. The Rays were hosting the Twins that day and my friend, Terry Tiffee, was still with the Twins at the time. He left us tickets for the game and we ended up sitting next to Rich, who was Terry's agent. He was a nice guy and we did a lot of talking that day. You think you know a lot about baseball until you are sitting there watching a game with someone that played it at the highest level. Still, it was a fun experience.

Rich appeared in the Majors in three seasons with the Indians and Expos. He owns a 3-10 record with 5 saves and a 5.05 ERA.

No comments: