Wednesday, December 4, 2013

1985 Donruss, John Wockenfuss


#549 John Wockenfuss

Today is opening day for deer hunting here in the state of Kansas and I cannot think of a better card to post than this one of John Wockenfuss. Even though John is a bow hunter and rifle season is what opened today, I can't help but think of him when I think of deer hunting in Kansas. The reason for that is because when I sent him his '81 Donruss card to sign, he sent that card and two more signed cards back to me along with a note with his phone number stating that he was looking for a place to bow hunt in Kansas. It is still the most unique response that I have received on a through the mail request.

I am glad that he included a Phillies card, too, as I always like getting cards from different teams signed by players. Variety is always nice.

1 comment:

night owl said...

Just another reason to be a fan of John Wockenfuss.