Monday, May 7, 2012

2006 Topps 52, Alberto Callaspo


#223 Alberto Callaspo

Here is the third and final card that I got Alberto Callaspo to sign for me in 2009. Alberto was with the Royals at the time and I was lucky enough to get him by the Royals parking lot prior to a game. That was the only time that I ever got Bert to sign for me and I think I got lucky because I was the only person 'graphing the lot that day. Rumor had it that he didn't sign much because his English wasn't very good. But, since I was by myself, he might have been less intimidated than if there had been a crowd. Or maybe it was just my lucky day. Either way, you can check out the first Callaspo card I posted here and the second one here.

Last season was Bert's first full season with the Angels and he hit .288 as the Angles everyday third baseman. Most of his offensive numbers were down a bit, but he did get about a hundred less at-bats than he had the previous two seasons. He is off to a rocky start this year, though, as he is only hitting .232 through 19 games with no extra-base hits.

On a side note, I got my first TTMs of the year back today. I got a little side-tracked with my Topps Diamond giveaway project with the move and all. But, I finally got most of them out and I got two of them back today. I'm looking forward to wrapping up my drawn out 2006 collection and start posting some older cards.

1 comment:

Orioles Magic said...

I always wonder what causes some players to sign more than others, or why some barely ever sign. I'm happy you got Callaspo's autograph anyway.