Friday, May 18, 2012

2006 Tristar Prospects Plus, Brad Lincoln


#P-12 Brad Lincoln

Here is a card that I got signed at the Futures Game in St. Louis, Missouri in 2009. Brad was in AA at the time and he got picked to represent the USA team before getting bumped up to AAA in the second half of the season. I was lucky enough to get this card signed by Brad during the pre-game workouts. It was a madhouse there and I am hoping that there will be fewer 'graphers at the event this summer in Kansas City. I'm sure that is just wishful thinking, but you never know.

The Futures Game in 2009 will best be remembered by me for the four hour rain delay that struck in the middle of the first. Halfway through the delay, Brad decided that he wanted to play some frisbee out on the field and, to his dismay, the frisbee landed on the tarp covering the infield. So, being the good-hearted ballplayer that he is and not wanting to tear up the tarp with his spikes, Brad removed his cleats before retrieving his frisbee. He then proceeded to remove his socks and then hike his pants up. I took a picture of it and I was far away, so it is not that great. But, this will always be how I remember Brad Lincoln.


Brad broke into the Majors with the Pirates in 2010. He pitched in 11 games that year and posted a 1-4 record with a 6.67 ERA. He got into 12 games last season and increased his win/loss record to 2-3 while dropping his ERA to 4.72. After mostly starting games his first two seasons, Brad has mainly pitched out of the pen so far this season and he has had much better results. Through 8 outings thus far, Brad is 3-0 with a 1.34 ERA while almost striking out a batter per inning.

On a completely unrelated note, I did something really stupid yesterday. I went to the Royals game and 'graphed the players parking lot afterwards. When I was done with that, I went to my car to leave and set my autograph book on the roof while I got settled inside. I then drove off and left my precious little book behind. I only lost three autographs, but I lost about fifty cards including cards from three different minor league team sets. Stupid, stupid, stupid!!! Needless so say, I was a little more than bummed out when I got home last night and realized what I had done. Oh well. It will be the last time I ever make that mistake.

Brad is playing for the Hickory Crawdads in this card. The Crawdads were the Pirates A team when this card came out, but they have since switched to the Rangers. They are a part of the South Atlantic League and they play in Hickory, North Carolina.

1 comment:

Orioles Magic said...

Sorry to hear about your book. That's never a good feeling.