Saturday, April 13, 2013

1981 Donruss, Sal Bando



#84 Sal Bando

This is the second Sal Bando that I have posted on this blog. The first one was posted four years ago and it can be seen here. That card was given to me. This one, on the other hand, was pulled out of a pack from the box I busted in 2007. I sent this card to Sal to get signed in the middle of January and I got it back about three weeks later. I would have sent this card to him earlier, but I was waiting on another card to send along with this one.

Sal had a long Major League career that spanned sixteen seasons. He played with the A's and Brewers and was a three-time All Star early in his career with Oakland. He finished his career a .254 hitter with 242 home runs and more walks than strikeouts. His best season was in 1969 when he had 31 home runs and 113 RBI, both career highs.

'81 Donruss Tracker: 99/100

No comments: