Monday, April 29, 2013

1981 Donruss, Dave Revering



#117 Dave Revering

Here is the card that Dave Revering signed for me last month. I sent this card to him on the first of March and I had it back fifteen days later.

Dave played in the Majors for five seasons. He spent the first three and a half years with Oakland before seeing time with the Yankees, Blue Jays, and Mariners over the last season and a half. He saw significant playing time in his first three seasons, hitting over .270 with 20+ doubles and double digit home run totals in each season. His biggest season was his second season when he hit .288 with 19 dingers and 77 RBI.

Then 1981 came and he was hitting just .230 through 31 games. He was traded to the Yankees and didn't hit much in limited playing time. It was more of the same the next season as he split time with the Yanks, Jays, and M's. That was the last season he played.

1981 Donruss Tracker: 106/100

I didn't realize posting from my phone would be this difficult. I'll do some touching up when I get back from Birmingham.

No comments: