Friday, April 26, 2013

1981 Donruss, Scott McGregor


#114 Scott McGregor

Here is Scott McGregor's '81 Donrusss card. I sent this one to him in November and I got it back two weeks later.

Scott pitched his entire thirteen-year career with Baltimore. Over that time, he was 138-108 with 5 saves and a 3.99 ERA. His best season was probably in 1980 when he went 20-8 with a 3.32 ERA and 119 strikeouts. That 20 win season only got him one Cy Young vote as he tied for sixth for the award. His teammate, Steve Stone, brought home the award with his 25 win season.

This the last post for about a week. I am going to try to go to a Kansas State baseball game tonight if the weather permits. Kirk Saarloos is TCU's pitching coach this year, so I am going to try to get him. Then I'll be at a Royals game tomorrow before heading down to Birmingham for a work conference on Sunday. But, I will try to get the next '81 Donruss up next Friday.

'81 Donruss Tracker: 105/100

1 comment:

Orioles Magic said...

You are really rolling with this set! I'll help you out when/if I can but I actually haven't graphed at all since my ST trip, it's been a busy month!

And you know that I enjoy seeing the O's from this set too.