Thursday, April 18, 2013

1981 Donruss, Tom Burgmeier



#97 Tom Burgmeier

Here is my autograph from Tom Burgmeier. I sent this card to Tom in September and I had it back eight days later. Tom was the pitching coach for the Omaha Royals a few years ago and I tried to get his autograph at the ballpark a couple of times without any success. People have a 95% success rate when writing to Tom, so he is a good TTM signer. It is always funny to me when guys will sign every piece of fan mail that they get but are reluctant to sign at the park.

Tom pitched in the Bigs for seventeen seasons with the Angels, Royals, Twins, Red Sox, and A's. He never played in the playoffs, but he did rack up a record of 79-55 in 742 relief outings while converting 102 saves. His best season came in 1980 when he had a career-high 24 saves and posting a 2.00 ERA. He made his lone All Star team that season, but did not pitch in the game.

'81 Donruss Tracker: 102/100

No comments: