Monday, September 12, 2011

1990 CMC, Doug Linton



#331 Doug Linton

Here is a card that I got signed in Colorado Springs over the summer. Doug is the pitching coach for the Colorado Springs Sky Sox and I was able to get this card signed just before the game started (and right after I got the previous post to sign).

Doug pitched in the Majors for parts of seven seasons, but I was unable to find a single Major League card of him. I bought a bunch of cards to get signed on that trip, but I did not bother to buy any cards of Doug. I had dug up two minor league cards of him and I thought for sure that I would be able to find a Major League card in my collection. Unfortunately, that was not the case.

Doug's Major League career only lasted seven seasons, but those seven seasons spanned over twelve years. He made his debut with the Jays in 1992 and he pitched a few games with them in '93 before being claimed by the Angels early on that season. He then pitched for the Mets in '94 before playing for the Royals in '95 and '96. After that, he disappeared to the minors for a few years before appearing for the Orioles in '99 and then the Jays again in 2003.

For his career, Doug was 17-20 with zero saves and a 5.78 ERA.

I really like Doug's signature. His last name isn't exactly readable, but it sure looks cool.

3 comments:

Steve78 said...

Nice pick up. The card obviously caught my eye. If you haven't seen it, I wrote him up last year: http://greatest21days.blogspot.com/2010/09/doug-linton-ready-to-pitch-331.html

Paul said...

That almost looks like a high school or college yearbook photo. :)

Linton has a neat autograph.

Orioles Magic said...

Looks like your Linton autograph is a lot cleaner than mine...http://greatoriolesautographproject.blogspot.com/2009/11/doug-linton-auto-for-weekend.html

I really like the L in the signature you got. Cool card, and you know I always like when you show off graphs of former Orioles.