Friday, March 18, 2011

2004 Bowman, Terry Tiffee



#SOF-TT Terry Tiffee

Here is a quick post about my former college teammate, Terry Tiffee. I've talked about Terry a couple of times on here when I posted two of his minor league cards that he gave me. You can see the first one here and the second one here.

To be honest, I haven't talked to Terry since August of 2008. He made the Olympic baseball team that summer and I gave him a call before he left for Beijing and wished him luck. I also gave him a bit of crap for leaving the Las Vegas 51s, who I would be seeing play while he was in China.

The following season, Terry was with the Lehigh Valley IronPigs and he spent a good deal of time on the disabled list. He only played in 64 games that season and he did not play at all last season.

Last week, I ran into another old college teammate/roommate that said he had talked to Terry a few months back. He said that Terry sat out last year because of an injury, but that he was still trying to come back from it. How true that is, I don't know. But, if Terry is trying to get back into the game, I wish him the best of luck.

I picked up this card from checkoutmycards.com for $1.29. It is an odd looking card, but at least it is an on-card autograph.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think it's a neat-looking card. I've got a Chad Cordero one from the same insert set.

- Paul

Anonymous said...

Tiffee has signed with the Lancaster Barnstormers in the Atlantic League - http://www.oursportscentral.com/services/releases/?id=4169605

- Paul

zman40 said...

Thanks for the heads-up, Paul!!