Tuesday, October 10, 2017

1988 Topps, Mark Parent


#80T Mark Parent

Here is the second card of Mark Parent that I have posted on here. I posted the first one last month and that one can be seen here. This card, like the last one, was signed at a Royals game two years ago. Mark was the bench coach for the White Sox at the time.

Right now, I am really getting into the part of my blog that I do not like. That part is posting cards of guys multiple times. If possible, when I get a guy's signature, I present three cards to him. Some will sign all three, some will only do one, and a few will do just two. You never know. On the autograph collecting aspect of it, the more the merrier. Sometimes I want cards signed of the player with different teams and sometimes he is in a few different sets that I really like. Sometimes, I only have three cards of him and want to get them knocked out in one swoop.

But, while I like three sigs for the collection, sometimes those three cards are difficult to do posts on. The first one is always easy, but that is not always the case for the second and third. Right now, this is the second post out of the next sixteen that involves the second and third card. And a few of them are the second or third card from the second or third time the individual signed for me. So, there might be some short and uninteresting posts coming up over the next three weeks. I am sorry about that, but bare with me.

1 comment:

Rod (Padrographs) said...

Zach, When I got Mark Parent to sign he fit two parts of my collection, Padres players and players who lived or were from Oregon. He split time between his parents and lived part of the time in Ashland, Oregon. I remember hearing that he injured both knees in a collision at the plate which why he stopped playing. Also when he was the bench coach under Robin Ventura of the White Sox he was ejected during the line up exchange for bringing up something from the game before. I got stuff by him when he was with the Las Vegas Stars (Padres AAA) and he was a really nice guy.