Monday, October 16, 2017

1988 Topps, Mark Salas


#99T Mark Salas

Here is the last card from 1988 Topps that I have to show, for now. But, it is not the last card of Mark Salas. Mark is the bullpen catcher for the White Sox and I have got him to sign for me three times in Kansas City. This one is from the second time he signed for me in 2014.

This is the first card I have posted of him as a member of the White Sox. Add that to the Twins and Tigers cards I have of him and I have three out of the five teams he has cards from covered. Now I only need a Cardinal card (he has one) and a Yankee card (he has two) to have all of his teams covered (he does not have a card as an Indian).

Mark played with the Sox for just the 1988 season. That year, he played in 75 games and he hit .250 with 3 home runs and 9 RBI. While it was not his worst year in the Major Leagues, it definitely was not his most productive either.

No comments: