Thursday, October 5, 2017

1988 Topps, Don Mattingly


#386 Don Mattingly

I have been excited to post this card ever since I got it signed in 2014. Don was managing the Dodgers at the time and my dad was able to get this one signed for me outside of Kauffman Stadium when Don showed up. Andre Ethier was also signing at that time, so I stayed with him while my dad got Don. I probably could have got another one signed by Don, because he signed for everybody, but I was so ecstatic about this one that I did not bother with a second.

This is the only '88 Topps All Star card that I have gotten signed and it came out looking wonderful. I will definitely get more from the subset signed if the opportunity arises.

Don had a typical Don Mattingly season in 1987 to earn this card. He hit .327 with 30 homers and 115 RBI. He got the start in the All Star Game and went 0-1 with two walks.

No comments: