Friday, July 8, 2011

1971 Topps, Joe Grzenda



#513 Joe Grzenda

Of all the cards that I sent out through the mail this past winter, this is the one that took the longest to get back. I sent this card out on January 13 and I did not have it back until 82 days later. Luckily, I only had to wait 82 days. I always laugh whene I see people posting successes on SportsCollectors.Net that took 500+ days to get back.

This is the final card that I am posting from my "KC A's reunion TTM project".

Joe pitched in the Majors for parts of eight seasons. Over those eight years, Joe pitched for six different teams- the Tigers, A's, Mets, Twins, Senators, and Cardinals. He pitched in 219 games over his career and 95 of those games were with the Senators. He finished his career with a 14-13 record with 14 saves and a 4.00 ERA. His best season came with the Senators in 1971. That year, he threw 70.1 innings and posted a 1.92 ERA.

I'm going ballparkin' this weekend in Amarillo, Texas and Colorado Springs, Colorado and I doubt that I am going to get any posts up. But, at least I have an excuse. Have a good weekend everyone!

This is probably the last time I will ever get to post Senators cards on consecutive days.

1 comment:

night owl said...

I have always loved the Senators cards from the '71 set. This is one of the best ones.