Saturday, November 14, 2015

2007 Topps, Brian Bannister


#587 Brian Bannister

I have posted a few cards of Brian Bannister before, but this is the first one of him as a member of the Kansas City Royals. The Royals got him from the Mets after the 2006 season in an exchange for Ambiorix Burgos. Considering that Burgos went on to have a multitude of legal problems, I would say that it was a good trade for the Royals.

Brian pitched just one season for the Mets and he went 2-1 with a 4.46 ERA. He appeared in eight games with six of them starts. He struck out 19, but walked 22.

I have said it before and I will say it again. Brian has one of the best and most consistent signatures I have ever seen. Every time I got him to sign, he took his time and gave me the best autograph that he could. I asked him once about his perfect looking signature and he told me that I should see his dad's. So, I sent an '81 Donruss to Floyd and I was impressed. But, I must say that I like Brian's better. Floyd's was actually readable, though.

I got this card signed by the Royals parking lot in 2008.

I am pretty sure this card is a photoshopped version of Brian's '06 Topps and Bowman cards. It is not the same photo, but is from the same sequence of photos.

No comments: