Saturday, November 25, 2017

1989-90 Pacific Senior League, Roy Howell


#12 Roy Howell

Here is the second of two cards that Roy Howell signed for me through the mail in 2014. I posted the first card, his '81 Donruss, back in April and that one can be seen here.

Most times, when I send out an '81D in the mail, I will only send that card. But, after that set, this one might be my second favorite one to get signed. So, I will throw in this card with the '81D occasionally. In fact, I did that this morning when I sent cards to Doug Corbett to get signed.

I have about thirty cards from this set signed. I do not really send them out to get signed unless I send them with another card. But, I am seriously thinking about changing that strategy. I might start concentrating on this set more and send them out by themselves to guys that were not in the '81D set. That may be my new focus for 2018.

3 comments:

Dan said...

I have 2 cards signed from this set. The first one will be posted the first week of January. Ironically, it's also a Pelicans card. I live 5 miles from where they used to play. It's now a soccer stadium, home of the Tampa Bay Rowdies.

zman40 said...

Al Lang Field? I went to a Spring Training game there in 2006. Though obviously lacking modern amenities, it was a fun place for a game. Did you ever go to a game from the senior league?

Dan said...

Yeah, it's still called Al Lang Field. The dugouts are still intact, but it is exclusively soccer played there now. I never saw a Senior League game, not even sure I was even aware of it, honestly. I didn't go there much, I went once while the Mets still trained there in 1987 and then again in the early 90s to see the Orioles play the Cardinals. I didn't move to St. Pete until 2011 and by that time the stadium only held special exhibition baseball games up until a few years ago, when the Rowdies took complete control. Now I'm at the stadium collecting soccer autographs from January to October.