Tuesday, March 25, 2014

1989 Upper Deck, Juan Nieves


#646 Juan Nieves

Here is the third and final Juan Nieves card that was signed for me while Juan was the White Sox bullpen coach in 2012. You can see the first one here and the second one here.

Sorry for the lack of posts this month. At the last minute, we decided to head down to Arizona for a second straight year of Spring Training. So, I spent the two weeks prior to that just trying to get cards sorted out to take on the trip. I have a hard enough time getting cards ready to 'graph the visiting team in Kansas City. This year, I attended four games and 'graphed six different teams. Needless to say, it took me the entire two weeks to get ready.

In the end, I had a really good time. I attended four Spring games, including a Royals game where I sat in the second row behind their dugout. I can't afford to do that during the regular season. Plus, I got to see my first NHL hockey game and a Wichita State/Arizona State baseball game. I ended up getting 88 cards signed and one ball, Tommy Lasorda. I didn't get any big name current players on cards, but I did get two prized prospects- Cubs Jorge Soler and D-Backs Archie Bradley. In fact the best non-prospect card that I got signed was by a guy who has signed about a dozen cards for me- Royals Eric Hosmer.

Overall, it was a blast. The drive is a little long, but we did alright. I doubt I will be able to make it back next year, so I am glad we were able to make it happen this year.

Plus, I am the only one at work with a tan.

Hopefully, I will get back to my semi-regular posting.

1 comment:

Orioles Magic said...

That sounds like a great trip! Glad you had solid success, it's always great to get some many signatures in March!