Saturday, June 4, 2011

2005 Topps Total, Terry Tiffee



#TS-TT Terry Tiffee

Here is another signed Terry Tiffee card that I picked up from checkoutmycards.com. This one cost a tad more than the last Tiffee card I posted, but only seventy cents more.

Speaking of the last Tiffee card I posted, thanks to a comment left by Paul, I found out where Terry is playing this season. He got picked up by the Lancaster Barnstormers of the Atlantic League. So far this year, Terry is hitting .255 with a team leading 6 home runs and 26 RBI. The last time I had checked, he was hitting in the .230s, so it is good to see his average come up a bit. So far, Lancaster has a four game lead on the second place York Revolution.

In college baseball news, UCLA lost last night. UCLA was the only team picked by over half of the contestents to make it to the College World Series. They can still make it, but they have to win their next four games and then take two out of three in the Super Regionals to advance. Other upsets yesterday include Arizona's loss. Arizona was highest picked number two seed to advance and they lost to Seton Hall. The other teams that were picked to advance and lost include Navy(1), Fresno St.(1), Oklahoma(4), Cal(4), UCF(1), North Carolina St.(3), UConn (2), Georgia Tech(10), Southern Miss(2), Arkansas(3), Oklahoma St.(4), Georgia(4), FIU(1), and Kansas St.(2). The number in parentheses are how many people picked that school. Again, these teams are not officially out of it, but they do have an uphill climb to advance.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I didn't know he was cut loose from the Twins!?

I'll need to look for those cards someday.

Anonymous said...

Go me! :) Keep updating the college baseball scores.

Orioles Magic said...

I just was at a York Revolution game the other night. If you want me to try to get to a Barnstormers game, let me know!