Friday, December 22, 2017

1990 Upper Deck, Rex Hudler


#411 Rex Hudler

By my best count, this is the sixth card of Rex Hudler that I have posted on here. Rex is the color commentator for Royals broadcasts and is a fairly easy autograph to get if you see him. That is why I have posted cards of him six times and still have a few more to post.

I got this card signed at Royals Fanfest this year. We were standing in line waiting for the doors to open and Rex was just walking around and talking to fans waiting. When he came by our area, everyone was trying to get a picture with him. I finally got up to him and asked for him to sign this card. He jokingly asked me something to the effect of "Why would you want me to sign this card and bring down its value? It's only worth a couple of cents as it is." That was just Rex being Rex as he was more saying it to get a reaction from the crowd around him than making a comment to me.

I will say that this is probably the best-looking signature that I have ever got from him, though. Some of his signatures are little more than his initials.

1 comment:

Adam Kaningher said...

I doubt I've seen a card from 1990 UD more than this one. It was everywhere.