Sunday, April 2, 2017

1981 Donruss, Dave McKay


#350 Dave McKay

Here is the card of Dave McKay that I got signed through the mail in 2013. Dave was coaching with the Cubs that year and I sent this card to the club. He signed it and had it back to me in just two weeks. I was a little disappointed that I had to send this to him as I saw the Cubs play in Spring Training that year. But, my dumb ass forgot to take this card with me.

Dave played in the Majors for eight seasons with the Twins, Blue Jays, and A's. He mainly played second, though he did see some substantial time at third and a little time at short. For his career, he was a .229 hitter that had 21 home runs and 170 RBI.

Dave was mainly used as a utility player throughout his career. The one exception was the 1978 season with the Blue Jays. That year, he was the everyday second baseman and, with the extra at-bats, he put up his best offensive numbers. He had career-highs in doubles (20), triples (8), homers (7), and RBI (45).

Dave is currently the first base coach for the Diamondbacks.

'81 Donruss Tracker:
#206

No comments: