Saturday, September 16, 2017

1987 Topps, Don Schulze


#297 Don Schulze

Here is the second card that Don Schulze signed for me at an Omaha Storm Chasers game two years ago. Don was the pitching coach for the Nashville Sounds at the time and he signed three cards for me while heading to the field. I posted the first card in June and that one can be seen here.

I can't believe that I was posting cards from 1985 in June. It is halfway through September and I haven't even made it through 1987 yet. If I ever get caught back up and get to posting my cards from 2008, it might take me three years to get all the way through them.

Don played for the Indians for three seasons and in each season, he pitched in 19 games. He started most of those and over his time in Cleveland, Don was 11-20 with a 5.30 ERA and 109 strikeouts.

On the last card of Don I posted, I complained about him being in the dark Indians batting practice jersey and how sigs on dark jerseys do not always work out. The sig on this card is obviously a lot easier to make out. It turns out that this is Don's only Indians card where he is not wearing the dark jersey. The other five Indians cards that he graces all have him in the warm-up jersey.

No comments: