Saturday, May 24, 2014

1989-90 Pacific Senior League, Dyar Miller


#211 Dyar Miller

Here is the final card that I have to post from this unique set. The set dragged on a little longer than I wanted it to, but there wasn't much I could do when my computer crapped out on me.

I got this card signed at a Royals game in 2012 when the Cardinals visited the K. Dyar was the Cards bullpen coach at the time. Even though he has a few cards out from his playing days, those days were before my time and this was the only card that I had of him. But, since it was just one of the two cards I got signed that day, I am glad that I had it.

Dyar pitched in the Majors for seven seasons in the '70s and early '80s. He pitched for the Orioles, Angels, Blue Jays, and Mets and he relieved every game he was in except for one. For his career, he was 23-17 with 22 saves and a 3.23 ERA.

As you can see on this card, Dyar was a coach in the SPBA. He was also a player in the league, where he posted a 0-2 record with a 3.18 ERA. I have no idea how many appearances he made, but I do know that he finished the season as the Juice's manager. The club started off 9-12 before he took over and went 28-23 the rest of the season.

Dyar is currently the minor league pitching coordinator for the Astros.

No comments: