Friday, May 25, 2012

2006 Topps Turkey Red, Brandon Inge


#512 Brandon Inge

Here is the second Brandon Inge card that I have to post. I got Brandon to sign for me once and it was before the Royals final game of the season last year. I got to the ballpark just in time to get Brandon as he arrived in his cab. He signed all three cards for me and seemed to sign everything for everyone that was out there.

I was surprised when the Tigers released Brandon last month. He was a life-long Tiger who had been with the team for a dozen years. He had an off year last season that included a mid-season demotion to AAA and then got off to a slow start this season, as well. Through nine games with Detroit, Brandon was only hitting .100 when he was let go. The A's picked him up on the cheap shortly thereafter and Brandon was hitting .227 with them before landing on the disabled list with a strained groin.

Brandon's signature isn't exactly readable, but whose is anymore? At least I can make out his initials.

No comments: