Tuesday, September 29, 2009

1989-90 Pacific Senior league, Tippy Martinez



#144 Tippy Martinez

This is another Tippy Martinez card that Paul, of Paul's Random Stuff, got signed for me at an Atlantic League game last month. The last Tippy card was his '81 Donruss card.

I probably sent Paul at least 20 cards to try and get signed for me. I only sent one card per player, with the exception of Tippy. Obviously, I wanted the Donruss card signed. I also sent this one along since I had not had any cards from this set signed yet. So, I figured that this one would be my first. That wasn't the case. It may have been my second card signed from the set, but by the time I got back from my trip to Maryland, I had three cards signed from the set (and this one was still wrapped up in it's shipping box). So I consider this one as number four. Oh well, at least Paul was able to get it signed for me.

No comments: