Saturday, September 27, 2008

1986 Topps



I got this card signed at the same Salt Lake Bees game that I got the Max Venable autographs. Randy was the manager of the Beavers. After Max came over and signed, he went and sat back down in the middle of the bench. Randy came out shortly thereafter with a cup of coffee and sat down next to Max and started chatting. I waited for a lull in the conversation and then asked him to sign and he came over and did just that.

I have a ton of '86 Topps, but most of them aren't in very good shape. That black border on top sure shows the card's defects. So, I rarely look through this set to get cards signed. Actually, that's not true. I look through the set, but rarely find a card in good enough condition to even bother getting it signed. This one barely made the cut.

I must add that this is the first Brewer card where the player isn't wearing a powder blue jersey (though he has a powder blue undershirt on, which has to count for something).

No comments: