Saturday, September 6, 2008

1983 Fleer


#120 Amos Otis

This card was also signed at the Willie Wilson Classic. I mentioned in my last post how they were charging money for autographs at the WWC. When I first heard about the WWC, they were selling autograph tickets for $20 a pop. I bought two of them (one for me and one for my Dad), not realizing (or believing) that each ticket was only good for one autograph. So I finally called for clarification and they confirmed that each ticket was only good for one autograph. I told them that they were nuts and I wanted my money back. They said that was no problem; just send the tickets back with my name and phone number and they would call me when they got them to get my credit card information. I mailed them in and they never called. A couple of weeks later, I called them and low and behold: they never received the tickets. How convenient. So, I was out $40, but I guess that I got enough autographs after the game to make up for it. Apparently everyone else thought that they were nuts, too, because in the final week heading into the game, they started selling autograph tickets for $10.

No comments: